Tuesday, November 13, 2012

One Year!

Hello!!!!!
The District
Oh! We have seen so many miracles these last few weeks. Especially with our gators.
Z and F had their little baby yesterday!!!! He's so cute! She called us an hour after she gave birth and asked us to come over haha. We had to wait until after church but he was such a cute little guy!!!! We're so happy for them :] 
In one of their lessons they had their friend, J, come too and we have been meeting with him ever since. He's 20 and way cool. He's very open to learning and finding out if the church is true for himself. Which he's doing. He came to church yesterday and loved it!!! He's going through a rough time right now and he said that he was so glad to go to church because he felt so much better afterwards. It's so neat because everything we teach him he just gets so excited!! The gospel is amazing! 
R came to church as well! He has made so much progress from when I first met him. My first lesson with him he was asking random questions about whether or not Mormon's can have guns.. Haha but now his questions are very focused on the lessons and his desire to find truth has grown a ton. Seriously. The gospel just makes people happier. You can see it in the people we meet with. They look lighter and want more and more. It really is a miracle. 
We also had an amazing lesson with the R and A. They're a part member family and I just love them so much!!!!! R has so much desire to find truth and in our lessons they have questions about whatever and we're able to answer them through the scriptures and every time they get so excited about reading! I have never loved the Book of Mormon so much in my life. Before my mission I knew absolutely nothing about the Book of Mormon and I'm learning everyday that it really does contain all the answers we're searching for. 
Every week we have a Book of Mormon club and we're focusing on chapters that testify of Christ. Last week I was having a really hard time because I felt like I needed to be perfect and know everything. Which I know isn't even possible but I was feeling really down because of it. In BoM Club we were reading 1 Nephi 11 about Nephi seeing the tree of life and one verse in there stuck out to me so much. Like a verse might not have stuck out to me so much ever... but it was verse 17 which says, "And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." It just hit me that I don't need to know everything or be perfect! Which is such a relief. But all that matters is that Heavenly Father loves me and that I know that. He's the one who helps us through everything and gives us everything. All I have to do is just try my hardest and He'll make up the rest because He loves me :] I love the Book of Mormon and the wonderful things it teaches. I learn something new everyday from it!
Love you,
Sister Maynard.

Ps. I was trying to do this yoga pose that Palmer taught me and I might have fallen on my chin and my jaw seems a little messed up :/
Pps. I have been on my mission for a year now!!!! Can you even believe it?! Because I can't. Mind. Blown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment