Monday, November 14, 2011

The First Snail Mail Letter

10 Nov 2011

Dad, Mom, Morgan & of course Rock,

The MTC is great.  I'm learning a lot.  my comp, Sister Thorne, is great.  She's from Twin Falls & doesn't know Adam.  I saw Heather, Clayton, Cody Allen and Jos.  I also met a boy named Elder Maynard.  I'm sure we're related but as far back as we could go we aren't yet.  He's going to Finland, so I'm jealous.  Our other 2 roommates, Sisters Cashmore & Park, are really fun.  We laugh the whole time and all get along really well.  The 3 of them are going to the Independence Missouri Mission VC so that's cool but makes me a loner.  We're the only girls in our zone so that's weird.  People here are great.  Our teacher Bro Bacon served in Ft Lauderdale and knows Kathleen so that was cool.  I want to hug everybody but can't which is too bad.  I need more stamps but will just get them in the bookstore.  I have to get a second Hep A shot when I get to Cleveland.  The boys in our district are amazing.  They're going to Oklahoma and Mississippi.  We have really good discussions in class and 3 hours goes by really fast.  It hurts my back to sit for so long though.  The beds aren't super comfy.  We live on the 2nd level with boys on level 1 and 3 and this morning we woke up at 5:30 to a boy doing jumping workouts.  I wasn't happy about that.  Please send my Hello Kitty lanyard,  it should be in one of the bags I left with you.  I realize how I should have left more but oh well.  I'll make it work.  It hasn't been hard adjusting and I love it.  The food is a lot better than I thought.  I had Swedish Meatballs tonight for dinner which I was stoked about.  *Tell Hannah Taylor my temple day is Monday @ 6:30 a.m.  Just text her.  Except you guys aren't home yet so I guess it will have to wait until next week.  My new scriptures are perf.  Thank you! Oh, I have 1 extra week here to get tour training.  I guess our last Saturday here we get to go to Temple Square and kind of follow the sisters around or something.  Please change on FB...eh never mind. Tell Rock I say hi and give her kisses.

Love,
Sister Maynard

No comments:

Post a Comment