Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Awesome week

This week has been AWESOME. I don't remember what happened though. Things are always just kind of a blur here..


One cool story about tracting. We planned on stopping by a less active a couple weeks ago and our back up was to tract his street H____. So he wasn't interested and we started knocking doors. Tracting is so whatever but it's diligence so we did it. Nobody was interested and we went on with our day. This past week we got a text with a referral for 2 guys, C and R. We were so excited because we like never get referrals. So we're planning to go see them and I realize they live on H_____! Then I was even more excited. We stopped by and C was home and we asked him why he wanted a Book of Mormon. He said as he was mowing the lawn he saw this card and showed it to R and they decided they wanted to call the number and get a free copy of the Book of Mormon. That was the card we placed in their door!!!! I've never seen anything come from tracting before but I guess it works.. Who knew?!

On 10July is either the day Emma Smith was born or passed away.. I'm not sure. But the Comm of Christ puts on this little Emma program in the Kirtland Temple. So we were invited and they asked us to sing a few songs. It was a pretty neat program. They had little speaking parts of each point in her life and a song to go with it. And of course, you can't sing The Spirit of God in the Kirtland Temple with out crying so I didn't make it through the last song but it was great.



Every year the Kirtland Stake puts on a musical called This is Kirtland. (Think of the Hill Cummorah pageant.) and every night they have sisters who introduce the comment cards and ask for referrals so our night was this past Friday. Ugh I don't know how I drew the short straw but I ended up doing the cards and it was so dumb. I totally messed it up and forgot to say everything I actually needed to say but oh my gosh. This is Kirtland was amazing so who even cares what I said in the beginning! The Kirtland Stake has so much talent. It was awesome. And I got to see a bunch of people from the Kirtland Ward so it was really cool.



We were supposed to drive home that night but it was too late so we ended up sleeping over on site and of course we didn't bring ANYTHING to sleepover. So we borrowed jammies and Sis L ended up wearing the bunny footie jammies. It was a fun night. We made up a line dance with the other sisters and then the next morning we did our morning work out in front of the Whitney Store and did the line dance. We found out later the E's were watching us the whole time out their window and were laughing at Sister L in the bunny suit..

I promise we are doing work though! We don't have a ton of people to teach but this past week we had more accounted for hours then we have since we've been together so that was definitely an accomplishment. And sites has been so crazy. We have tour bus after tour bus and as soon as we come back from tour they send us right out again. And this week is efy and Kirtland is like the special one for the year so yesterday there were a ton of efy kids here. I miss efy so much but it was awesome to see them.


And last night we had a lesson with L. It was awesome. We were asking the kids a bunch of questions about the plan of salvation and they knew the answers to every one. In our Plan of Salvation pamphlets it has the lyrics to I am a Child of God and L's little girl, M, was sitting next to me and I could hear her singing it really softly and at the end of the lesson she asked if we could sing it. It was so perfect. It helped me realize how important families are and that we are children of God and He wants us to be so happy. That's why He put us in families in the first place. And the gospel of Jesus Christ is what helps us find that even great happiness. I definitely love being out here.

Thank you for everything and love you sooooo much.
Sister Maynard.




No comments:

Post a Comment