Monday, July 16, 2012

Still in Twinsburg

Hey everyone!

This past week has been so much fun. We have been seeing so many miracles this week. It's amazing how much the Lord has a hand in everything. This past Friday we went on exchanges with the training sisters. It was so much fun. I was in Twinsburg with Sister R and Sister L went to Shaker Heights East with Sister T. It was such a great day. We set our daily goals high and didn't end up reaching all of them but shoot, we got more lessons with member present and more referrals than I've gotten like ever.. so it was a really successful day. And so much fun too!

There's a lady in our ward who is less active and has 3 amazing kids (2 of which are baptizing age and not baptized) so we taught lesson 1 over there on Friday. They loved it. The mom has had the lessons so many times but the kids were so excited to learn about the gospel. They come to church sometimes with their aunt and they really want to get baptized. I'm hoping we can help them with that. The mom wants them too as well but it's kind of complicated for them. And they just went out of town for a couple of weeks soooo.. I guess we'll see what happens. Oh, I'm staying in Twinsburg with Sister L btw. I really feel like this transfer we'll see the fruits of our labors.. I really pray we do. We have been trying so hard to help our investigators see the need for baptism and change. People are just so set in their ways sometimes that it's hard. But the spirit can do anything, right? :]

It has been SO HOT this past week. It was out of control. I'm such a complainer when it comes to heat. It was like 101 at one point and super humid and we were out tracting for hours and I thought I was going to die. It's so frustrating too when people see you dying and they just comment on how hot it is and how we shouldn't be outside while they're in their air conditioned houses and don't help us at all or even let us talk to them! But thankfully the heat advisory is over.. And a few people did talk to us. I'm just being a negative nancy. And one amazing thing happened because of the heat. We were walking home from tracting (why we were walking to go tracting.. Idk but we did) and we hear this "Sisters!" faintly behind us and we turn around and there is Sister Z in the parking lot behind us! She gave us a ride home and told us if we needed a ride anywhere that she was home until 4 and was totally willing to help. Well, that morning we had tried texting/calling like 10 members to come teaching with us at 1 and nobody answered. So she was totally an answer to our prayers! It just goes to show that when you put in the effort, Heavenly Father will make up the rest :] And He totally does.

Sites has been amazing recently too! I think my favorite part about tours is the spirit. And it totally depends on us, yes. But it really depends on how prepared the people are to feel the spirit. We have to ask the inspired questions but oh my gosh-- we hear the most amazing stories on tour. Take yesterday for instance. We had a tour and in the Whitney's parlor we asked them how the priesthood has blessed their lives. They had 2 little twins with them and one of the ladies said the priesthood is why they're still alive. They were born at 28 weeks and just over 1 lb and because of the priesthood they were still alive. THEN our next tour we had 2 different families and when we were in the revelation room in the store we asked them how they had seen the temple bless their lives. The gpa (who is a religion teacher at byui...) pointed at the baby boy and said it was because of the temple that baby and his mom were still alive.. I guess he was born at 24 months and both the child and the mom were so close to dying. Then I found out later one of the teenagers in that tour from the other family was born premature too and he was 17 and nothing was wrong with him that I could see. I guess they were all talking about it and I'm not sure where I was but I missed that part. But it was just so neat.

I love this gospel. Soooooo much. And I love you.
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment