Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New Companion

 
 
This week has been CRAZY!!!! I have a new comp. Her name is Sister P. and she's AMAZING! She's from Carlsbad, CA so pretty close :] She is such an amazing missionary though. In the last week that we've been companions we have found like 30 potentials and like 7 new gators.. What?! I knew Twinsburg was going to explode but I didn't expect that. We have set a really high baptism goal for this transfer and we've promised Heavenly Father we were going to double our diligence to achieve that. We have already seen so many miracles. It's a little overwhelming though! We only have so much time in our area because of sites and we have to somehow meet with all of these people and find the ones who are really prepared. Since I arrived in Ohio the mission has been stressing talking to everybody.. Well, I don't do that. But Sister P does and oh my gosh. That's the key! Hahahha who knew?!

Sites has been really fun too :] I got to see the Cooley's!!!! It was so fun! I hope they had a good time. It was one of Sister P. and I's first tours so we're still trying to get a feel for how to work together but I think we're catching on real quick :] I loved every minute of that tour! :D They said they had 30 minutes but I don't actually know how to keep tours under an hour so I hope that was okay with them :/ Hahaha I think they liked Kirtland though!
So at sites we get to work in the call center, right...? Well, I pretty much only call members to ask for referrals because I'm too nervous to call less actives or nonmembers. But that hasn't been working out for me too well. The cards are always called really recent and so I don't ever have someone to call. So I decided to call from the "Needs more info" pile. So I called this girl, B to get M's phone number with the intention of just putting it in the referral pile and letting someone else call M. So B answers and I tell her who I am and she was like "Oh, I am so happy you called! I have her number right here. Let me give that to you and then I'll tell you more about her." So she goes on to tell me that M comes from a broken home and that she had been to church with them a few times and she just started college and she wanted to go to BYU because they have good morals there but she got a scholarship to this small college in NE to do track and field so she's there but she eventually wants to go to a college in Utah. She told me that M was really prepared and to tell her how much she loved her. So then I had to call her! I promised B I would and that I would call her back after I talked to M.. So we hung up and I said a quick prayer for help and guidance and dialed the number before I had time to think about it. She answered and when I told her that I was calling for B and who I was she started crying and told me how much it meant to her and that B and her husband had helped her so much through all of her hard times. We talked about faith and how that helps us and about Christ and His Atonement and I asked her if she would be interested in meeting with missionaries. She said she definitely would and gave me her address. I have yet to refer her because I need to talk to her first real quick but AHHHHHHH! I love her! May I PLEASE go to Nebraska someday to meet her?! PLEASEEEEE? I can't wait until Friday so I can call her again. I'm really hoping that I can invite her to be baptized next time I talk to her :D EEEK! HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?!  Sites is so much fun.
Oh and last week when we were at sites a girl on our tour got really sick so we went back to the VC to get some medicine and have her lay down. We couldn't find the medicine she wanted so we were going to run and look in the E's. On the way over there we saw this man all dressed up on his knee in front of the Whitney Store and as we got closer we realized he was proposing! It looked like she said yes from all the hugs and whatnot and then I realized it was L! She would always come teaching with us when I was in Kirtland and I have been waiting for him to propose for like EVER!!!!! AND I GOT TO SEE IT!!!!! I ran over to her screaming "SHUT UP!!!" And "NO WAY!!!!" hahahah he was probably thinking something like who is this crazy girl?! But oh my gosh. How often to you get to see your friend get proposed to on accident?! It was so cool. :]
 


Oh and the coolest thing ever happened at church on Sunday. We were sitting in sacrament and it was a few minutes into the meeting and L said she was going to be there. We called her a few hours before and she was up and ready to go. But she wasn't there yet! After a few minutes though she walked in with her family and her fiance and his family and they just kept coming! There was probably 10 of them in that group not including L and her 5 kids who weren't members.. It was the coolest thing to see.. Ahhhhhh. I love L! I think they're getting married this week. I want to gooooo!!!

This transfer is going to be amazing. I can't wait to see all of the miracles Heavenly Father has in store for Twinsburg and sites :]

The church is true <3

Love, Love, Love,
Sister Maynard.

Ps.. My birthday is in 2 months from today. Don't forget ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment