Thursday, August 16, 2012

Twinsburg!!!!





I'M STAYING IN TWINSBURG!!!!!!! Oh my!!! Every week we set these weekly goals and my goal was to stay in Twinsburg. I thought there was NO WAY possible because Sister L. is training but she's now opening up a new area :/ She's freaking out but oh she is so perfect. They are going to see so many miracles in that area.





As for Twinsburg.. The work is picking up so much. The first day I was in this one area a few weeks ago we were walking down the street and this guy pulls up next to us and asked us if he could have a Book of Mormon. We said yeah! And he told us he had met with missionaries before and lost his copy when he moved. So he gave us his phone number and address and we set up a time to meet him but he ended up flaking us. We tried for a few weeks to get in touch with him through calls and stop bys but he was never home or didn't answer so we kind of just stopped. A few weeks ago we were at the library in Bedford and he came up to us and asked us why we haven't been over yet... Well he never answered but he regave us his number and address and we set up another lesson and HE WAS THERE!!! We met with him this past Sunday. It was so awesome. He's so prepared and already knows about what we believe. He wants to go to church and he's coming to our BoM club on Thurs. I am so excited.






We have been working so hard these past 2 transfers and we are seeing SO many miracles. I love being a missionary so much. Sharing the gospel with everybody is such a blessing and guess what.. You don't even need to be a full time missionary to do missionary work. It's so cool. I will be sharing the gospel for the rest of my life. Understanding the Atonement and gospel of Christ brings so much happiness and to know that your helping others find that same happiness is even better.





This past week has been so hard though, even though there were so many miracles. As soon as Sister L. got the call she was training I thought for sure I was leaving. I was so bummed. I didn't feel like I had done what I was sent here to do and I was being really hard on myself for it.. I kept thinking things like "What could I have done different?" Or "Oh my gosh I'm such a horrible missionary and didn't put in my full effort and now I'm leaving and I can't do anything about it.." I don't even know what I was thinking. And on top of that I wasn't going to be companions with Sister L. anymore. What the heck. So on Sunday I had an interview with my district leader and I told him my goal for this week was to stay in Twinsburg and he was just saying good luck because it's most likely not going to happen. Then he called us that night with transfer info and he said "Sister Maynard... your prayers have been answered and you are staying in Twinsburg." WHAT?! Oh my gosh. I was in shock. Then I felt so horrible because that meant Sister L. was leaving and had to shotgun train. That is so terrifying! But like I said earlier--she's perfect for it. We ended up crying for like 2 hours that night.. Even though I got my way I still felt really crummy. Sometimes I hate getting my way in the end. But this is what needs to happen. I feel like so many incredible things are going to happen next transfer. Whoever ends up coming here is exactly what the ward and our investigators need and she's going to push everything so the work starts rolling. It's going to be amazing. The Solon ward is like the best. I actually never want to leave. I might just get released and then move in with some of the members, kay?? :D

Tomorrow is transfers.

Wish us luck!!!

Love you,
Sister Maynard.






No comments:

Post a Comment