Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hey!
 
This week has been awesome. Lots of miracles.
 
Every Tues we do a Book of Mormon class with the Kent Sisters and this past week we taught about Enos. It was amazing! Enos is such a stud. He just prayed and prayed and prayed and he was so blessed because of it. I love in vs 11 when he says that his "faith began to be unshaken in the Lord." We are commanded over and over again to pray always and that's how we're able to develop our faith. But more than that, it's going out and working and being diligent. It's being an instrument in the Lord's hands so that we can be apart of those miracles that we're praying for. I've seen that a lot in missionary work. As soon as my prayers start lacking, everything else starts lacking. It just all works together. It was a good class.
 
We have a new ward mission leader and he's awesome. We're going to see a lot of changes in the ward :]
 
I spoke in chuch yesterday. It was on my commission to preach the gospel and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I worked on it all week and yesterday morning I read through it and I just did not like it. But I wasn't about to redo it so I decided to wing it. Hahah. That's something I teach people daily so I figured it would be okay. And it was. I read my call and totally cried which was annoying. But I think the spirit was there. A lot of people in our ward could relate to the feelings that come with receiving a mission call. I don't really know what else I said. I think I repeated myself a lot but people said I did a good job.
 
This week we didn't have a lot of appts but I really feel like Heavenly Father guided us to where we needed to be. It's always a really good feeling to know that you're where you need to be. It isn't always the case but I think I'm learning how to follow the spirit a little bit.
 
Kirtland was so fun this past week. We only got one tour which was a bummer. I wish more people would come to sites but that one tour was so cool. It was two girls from Columbus. They both are waiting to enter the mtc and they are both 19. Ohhhh. Missionary work is going to explode once we start getting the younger missionaries out. They were so solid! I felt the spirit in EVERY room we took them in! That rarely happens which is probably more my fault then anything. But in the little random rooms they bore their testimonies to us and we could all feel Heavenly Father's love for us. It was amazing. They are so prepared. I don't know what I did growing up to prepare myself for this but I was not that prepared.
 
Heavenly Father knows what He's doing. The gospel will continue to fill the world. Just as Joseph Smith prophesied at the Morley Farm. So keep praying/searching for missionary opportunities.
 
Love you,
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment