Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy St Patrick's Day

Hey!
 
I'm glad you got my package. You'll have to wait til next April to know what everything is :/ I don't know what I sent you! Sounds like things are well back home which I'm glad to hear. Things are really well here too. So much is always happening it's hard to keep up most the time! But it's so much fun and oh my gosh the gospel is just so true. It's crazy how much I've seen it bring people happiness. Training is hard. I'm not going to lie.. It's so hard. But I think it's more the taking over the area part that's so hard. I keep messing everything up but thank goodness the Lord won't let me ruin Kirtland. It's been prophesied to be built up and if I were to get in the way He'd get me out so it's still good. We had a trainer/new missionary meeting in Cleveland (the same one I went to when I first got here) and we went contacting in Cleveland again!! (Where we talk to randoms on the street in downtown Cleveland) It was so much fun! Last time was fun but this time I didn't want to leave and stop talking to people. We met a lot of neat people and most of them wanted to learn more and took Books of Mormon. We got their info so missionaries could come meet with them :] I love it. At that meeting Sister M and I sang our song and we forgot the music so we had to do it a capella and it was not good at all! And someone tried making it better and they just made it even worse :P Haha it was funny it was so horrible so we just laughed it off but I'm never forgetting music again! And one of the senior sisters, Sister F, is a piano player and she is just the sweetest thing ever. I played for her one night during dinner and the next day she went and bought me a binder and sheet protectors for my music!!! I need to write her a thank you card.
 
This week Sister S and I were thinking about what we should fast for because we were going to fast yesterday and we both felt we needed to fast for opportunities to test our faith. It's kind of scary to ask for opportunities to grow but for some reason asking for opportunities to have more faith just seemed really hard. But it was a test of faith to do it so I guess we got an answer before we even started. It was really good though. Now we're just going along waiting for something to happen.
 
We've been doing a lot more tracting lately because we have zone goals to tract at least 30 minutes everyday we're in our area. I never liked tracting but it's growing on me. I just like giving everybody the opportunity to accept the gospel and learn more. If they don't then the Lord is just going to watch over them and prepare them even more so they'll accept it someday. We were tracting last week and as we were walking away from a door I looked down at my planner and a bird had pooped on it!!! Thank goodness it was only week 1 of the transfer so I didn't have to transfer a lot to a new one :/ oh my!!!! It's because I told Heavenly Father that morning that I was going to have a good attitude but I didn't want opportunities for it :P Dang it!!! Ah I am so embarrassed.. But it was pretty funny. (<--See, positive attitude!)
 
So, after we walk over the Stoney Brook we take a tours past the tannery and into the Whitney Store! The store front is really cool. It has a lot of stuff in it and it's pretty fancy. Newel K Whitney was  a really good businessman so he knew how to get people in his store even if they didn't have the money to buy anything (Most the stuff was imported from the east coast or Europe). He had a checkers table in the corner of his store where people could come and hang out, he had an oven in the front of the store instead of behind the counter so people would stay longer to get warm. Most store owners put it behind the counter to keep the workers warm but he really liked people and wanted to help them out anyway he could. And he was also the postmaster so people had to come in once a week to get their mail! Did you know that they didn't have stamps back in the 1830s so people had to pay to pick up their mail?? Speaking of which, if you feel like sending me some stamps that would be awesome :] And did you also know that the shoes they wore were square toed?? That way they could wear them on either foot! They don't look very comfy though. I'll tell you the more spiritual side of the store front next week :] 
 
OH MY! I forgot to tell you about E! He's this random guy that came to church on Sunday and he just wants to be baptized out of nowhere so we're going to start teaching him this week :] He should be good to go next month :]!!!!
 
Just a few things.. Next time you go to the LA temple you should go to the VC (I might have already told you to do this..) But you should go in and watch God's Plan for Happiness. It's so good. And think about how you can strengthen your family relationships. I guess this is for everybody who reads this and is next to a Visitor's Center. It's amazing.
 
And I'm just thinking that it's getting warmer here.. Like 60 degrees yesterday.. and I don't know where the nearest crocs is to get some shoesies... Maybe before you buy anything can you look online for maryjane crocs? Because I think they have 2 different kinds and I don't like the other ones. So send me a picture of them over email and I can tell you yes or no next time I get on? :] My old navy flats have been perfect but for some reason lately they've really been hurting me. Thanks so much!!
 
Have an amazing week everybody. I love you all and I can't wait to hear back from you:]
 
Love,
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment