Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 19

Hey,
 
So things are great here in Kirtland. We have one investigator and he will be baptized. We're shooting for 7Apr butttttttttttt I just don't know if he'll pass his interview. Which isn't a bad thing! We've needed a lot of help with him and it will be so good to know where he needs help better understanding everything. And if he does pass than that's even better!!! Plan on the 7th :]
 
Since we only have one investigator we're searching for more. We tracted 8 hours this week and it was glorious. I'm not getting skinnier though! It's becoming a problem. But on Saturday we were in correlation and our ward mission leader felt there was a family praying for truth. We don't know where they are but we cancelled all of our plans that day (I'm pretty sure it was just tracting and maybe one stopby) and we went to this one neighborhood by our boundary and knocked on every door in the neighborhood for 4 hours. Tracting has never been so awesome this whole time. I don't think I've ever felt so driven for anything in my whole life. I just want to find this family who's prepared! By the end of the night we had given away 9 Books of Mormon and a few numbers. We're hopefully meeting with one man on Tues. And we're trying to get in contact with a family we met. We don't think it's the family we were looking for but still! We were led to this neighborhood and we were on a search and we found people willing to hear the gospel. It was one of the most successful days I've had on my mission so far and we didn't have one lesson.
 
We have this vision of what Kirtland is going to become. I didn't have it at first but I'm coming to see it the more I'm here. Since I've been in the Kirtland ward we've had 2 baptisms and a couple families move in and for some reason the ward just seems so much bigger! Bro B sees the Kirtland ward splitting because of all the growth that's about to happen. Which it will! I can see it happening. We're going to find so many people and they're going to know it's true and the ward is going to grow so much that it will be forced to split because there'll be too many people to fit in there!
 
Not a lot happened this week though lessonwise. I think we only had like 7 lessons this week :/ We're supposed to be getting 20.. But it's okay! We need new people to teach. Oh, I guess we have 2 investigators. One is just a little more of a difficult situation. We're working with her a lot though and I just love her so much. She'll be baptized someday. Sister S really thinks it will be in April. I hope it is. She needs baptism in her life and we know she's knows the church is true. She just won't see it for herself yet.
 
Next on the email tour of the Kirtland Historic Sites we have the trading and bartering room. Now, the storefront was really fancy. The t&b room on the other hand was a lot more down to earth and people were able to afford it more. They could trade and barter for the things they were in need of. Newel K Whitney was really good at taking records in his day book of people who came in and bought things so we have a 3 month span of records of what people bought. It's really neat but I haven't been able to really look at it yet. When Newel K Whitney was called to be a bishop he had only been a memeber for about 10 months I believe and he told Joseph Smith that he didn't see a bishop in himself. Joseph told him to go pray about it and see for himself what the Lord needed him to do. It was confirmed to Newel that he needed to accept his calling and he became the bishop of Kirtland. Have you guys ever felt inadequate in something the Lord has asked you to do?? I know I have! Shoot, a mission was NOT in my plans and I did not feel I could do this. But, like Newel, if we ask and rely on the Lord we're able to do anything He needs us to do. We're constantly being prepared for things in the future and Heavenly Father knows how we can best use our experiences to help build His kingdom on the earth. I love this gospel and I know it's true. I know Heavenly Father is helping me every step of the way out here because it is not easy. But I know with His help I can do it.
 
I love you guys so much and I'm grateful for your support in me doing this. I hope all is well back home and wherever.
 
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment