Monday, March 5, 2012

Trainer




Hey,

Everything is going well.. A little stressful with training but I love my new comp. Her name is Sister S from Grace, ID and she's been amazing. We're going to have a lot of success together. I'm really excited for these next 2 transfers. I do have driving privileges and drove in the snow for the first time. Does that scare you at all? We haven't heard too much about the shootings in Kirtland but we live with the Chardon sisters and they said it's really had a huge effect on people there (I don't know why it wouldn't..) but yeah. It's really sad. We had tornado warnings up here but nothing came this far, thank goodness! I've never even seen a tornado! I wouldn't know what to do!  That's great you got to see the girls but for a sad reason :[ Tell Pam I'm sorry to hear that her mother passed away, but it's great to know we can be with our families forever. I'm learning that a lot here.

So something really fun is Bro R (Our recent convert) got the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday!!!! He was GLOWING after. Oh my gosh he loves the gospel so much. It was so neat to see. I didn't think I'd see anybody change like that on my mission and it's already happening!

Also on Sunday we had to take over a CTR 6 class... Oh boy. I don't know how you do it with all the kids! We only had 3 :P They were so great though and they could answer all of our questions so I think it was a successful class.

Anddddddddd April 9 is my 6th month mark?! That's a little crazy. Only have to do that 2 more times before I'm done :/ It really does go by so fast! Does it feel like that back home?

I had a lot more to say but forgot it all. This past week has been a blur but I hope all is well back home and with everybody else. Make mormon.org profiles! I commit people to do it on the phones all the time. I don't know why it's taking you guys months :P Just do it!!! I love you all. Tell everybody that I love them and the church is true. You guys should get a Preach My Gospel and start studying it along with the Book of Mormon. It's great.

Oh and something about Kirtland...? When the church was growing in NY there were 4 missionaries who came through OH and they stopped in Kirtland. They found the town was SO prepared so in a matter of weeks they baptized over 100 people (I'm still learning the specifics) And they were all baptized in the Stony Brook which runs right through sites. After that the church was bigger in OH than in NY. One man wanted to start off his new year right so on Jan 1st at midnight they cut a hole in the ice so he could be baptized.. A little crazy but the gospel is true.. Why wait?? I'll tell you more about Kirtland next time.

Love you all,
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment