Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Week 12

Hey.
I don't have a lot of time.. But the baptism was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! A IS NOW A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATER-DAY SAINTS! :] Best weekend ever. The baptism was actually combined with the other sisters in our ward. Their investigator J was baptized too and we had a really good turn out and support.
Transfers are in 2 days. I'm not ready. I'm a little freaking out actually. I don't want to train :[ It's scary! But my Christlike attribute for next transfer that I'm working on is faith so that will help a lot. I need it.. Well, I have it. I just need more.
Something really neat that happened yesterday was I got a letter from M!!! I was so excited :] And then we needed to find a street to go tracting and since I got that letter I thought it would be appropriate to tract "Summers Rd" So we pulled over and got our stuff ready and a man pulls up next to us and is like "Hey, you're in my spot.." and we were like ehhhhhh? And then he asked if we were LDS and asked who we were voting for.. We have to stay politically neutral so we told him we couldn't vote on a mission and he was like "Oh, I'm voting for Mitt Romney" Haha okay.. He ended up pulling to the side and asked us what books we were holding and if he could have one so we told him a little about the Book of Mormon and he asked what chapter was good to read so we gave him 3 Nephi 11. Then he told us he had written a song for Mitt Romney about 8 days ago and he gave us a cd with the song on it and he sang a little of it for us and it was really neat. He said he would read and he wanted us to call him in a few days to tell him if we liked his song. He also wanted us to give it to our "elders" So it could eventually be passed on to Mitt Romney :P We were like ...okay? And then before he left he said "Who knows! Maybe I'll convert someday!" YEAH YOU WILL!!!!!!!! It was just so neat! And then the last house we went to a guy answered then went and got his dad. His dad comes to the door and was friendly but in a really annoyed way so we asked if he had heard of the BofM and he said yeah and we asked if he had read any of it and he said no so we asked why and he was like "Well, because I believe it's satanist.." But he said it so weird like.. I don't know. And then he asked if we had read James 3:3 and I mean, I'm sure I have at some point in my life! And he was like "You need to be born again..Okay? You need to be born again.." We were like okay have a nice day!! Gah! People just don't get it!!! This is the ONLY way to return to Heavenly Father and they just don't get it. But they will someday I guess.
I got your package with the cds and the journal!!! Thank you so much :] They're PERFECT! Oh, a guy in our ward just got his mission call to the Germany Berlin Mission and he lives in the beginning of April!!!! It's so exciting!  I didn't hear about the shooting in Chardon until right before I opened your email because Sister T said her mom emailed her about it. Chardon is a town over from us.. That's really scary! What even happened? We don't hear a lot here.  Tell everybody I say hi and I love them! I'll send baptism pictures as soon as I can. I don't know how long that will be though. I hope all is well and please, EVERYBODY who reads this. Create a mormon.org profile! They're the best ever and it's so neat to see all the people who have one and who share their testimonies. And watch all of the mormon.org videos. (Top right corner says mormon.tv or something) They're so good! And how is your Book of Mormon reading going? I'm not going to lie.. I'm WAY behind. But I'm trying to catch up.
Love you allll!
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment