Monday, February 6, 2012

Ground hog week

Did you get an email from somebody here?? They should have sent you a link to a youtube video. And that's cool that you remember K T. It was nice talking to her. Just a few things.. It's really not a huge coat kinda winter and was wondering if you could send that jacket Fish got me for Christmas? I really miss it and it IS mission appropriate :] And while we're on that subject.. Everybody loves my polygamist skirt. Even though we were driving through Amish country today and I saw an amish lady wearing one exactly like it. Ummm Do you feel like getting me the men of the motab choir cd? It has errrr Allelujah and Goodnight My Angel and You raise me up and hymn #335.. I forgot what it was called. But it's so good! So over a week ago I ate something really hot and I got a horrible blister in my mouth and it's been giving me a lot of problems and now I'm getting a sore throat and I don't know what to do :[ I don't want to bother anybody here about it because they're going to make a big deal out of it (Sis M already is) so... well, I won't get a response for a week so I guess nevermind :[ I'm trying to switch up my diet again and see if that helps. I'm sorry I missed Lisa and Morgan's bday. I had Sis M call Buggo yesterday for referrals and to also say happy bday but she was at Cassie's and didn't really want to talk. Next time I have her call you guys need referrals! And tell L she can email me really quick! People can email me but I just have to write back. But tell her I love her and miss her and to send me pictures of the dress!!!

This week has been really cool. Our awesome investigator C dropped us which was sad but I think I told you we met A last Sunday?? We've had an amazing week with him. He keeps saying how we came at the right time and we've already had like 3 lessons with him. We had a phone lesson with him one night while we were at sites (before we even taught him about the restoration) and asked him to be baptized and he said yes! It's going to be Feb 25 and we're so excited. HE'S so excited. He said that it's really filling the hole he had in his heart and he wants to do everything right. He prays a lot about everything and he finds his answers the next day either through reading the BofM or through something we say. It's been so neat and holy cow prayer works! He came to church on Sunday and bore his testimony in Preisthood and everybody came up to us after saying how amazing it was! Then we had a lesson with him in the school of the prophets about the word of wisdom and he said he's already living it and willing to continue living it. Idk what else but he's just perfect. So the 25th!!!

So I had another cool phone call this week. I called a member in IF so of course I asked if she went to cafe rio all the time. She said she did and I was so jealous! So she told me she'd send me some in the mail and I was like YEAHHHH! But it probably wouldn't be okay so then she told me to save her card and when I get home in 18 months she told me to call her and she'd take me to dinner at cafe rio :] I'm so excited! I meet some really cool people on the phones. Chat too but people are kind of rude on chat. But chat is my favorite :] I could be on there ALL DAY!

Oh, so my throat has been sore for a few days and  I'm really starting to get nervous because I have to sing in sacrament on Sunday.. Sis M and I are singing a duet and I haven't been able to sing in a few days :/ I've tried a million different remedies and they all aren't working. So I'm just trying not to talk as much I guess.

We haven't been getting a lot of tours lately but the APs came in this week with their investigator who's also getting baptized on the 25th and it was a little intimidating but they're really nice and the tour was fun and after they watched the restoration movie and we went in a few minutes before it ended and that movie just........ It makes you cry everytime but it's so good. Then I had to bear my testimony in front of the APs and their group and I was a total mess and it was horrible but it was a really cool experience.

This morning we went to the Johnson Farm and it was so cool! I want to serve there and get to do tours there. That would be so cool. All of the sisters went and most of the senior couples. We rode up with the J's who are from England and it was so fun! After we went with the S's and 2 other sets of sisters and we went to eat at this amish restraunt and it was really yummy.

I have to go.. Love you.
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment