Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hey,

This week has been a little crazy. I don't really remember a lot of what happened. But I guess some big news (maybe not so much for you guys but it was for me..) The training sisters were teaching this amazing girl, A... She was like 16 or 17 and her baptism was last Saturday. We got a text late Friday saying it was cancelled. I was shocked. She was so ready and excited to be baptized I had no idea why it would be cancelled! So a little background on A... The sisters found her card in the potential investigator pile in our call center. There was no name for who referred her but they called her and they found out that she was in the Shaker Heights East area (training sisters) so the sisters could actually teach her in person. Except she has cancer so she was in another state getting treatments. The sisters got permission to teach her over skype and I got to meet her over skype while she was in the hospital. She is the cutest thing! She's from Canada and has a french accent and she's the most positive and happy person I've ever met. Then a few weeks later we had a fireside at the vc and she was there! I gave her a huge hug and the training sisters asked if she could hang out with Sis S and I because they had to conduct the meeting. So she was sitting with us and oh my gosh she is the best. After that I didn't see her again so fast forward to yesterday. We're at sites and I get handed a journal to sign for A... I asked what happened because she didn't get baptized and the other sister looked at me kind of funny and she told me she passed away the day before her baptism!!!!!! WHAT?! Yesterday was a little horrible. I was doing fine but then somebody said something that had nothing to do with A... and it kind of set me off and I started bawling and then I had to be fine because we had to take a tour so I pushed it to the back of my mind and then we're in the school of the prophets. We have about 18 people in our group and the spirit was so strong and this old man from Idaho raises his hand and starts talking about the after life and how Heavenly Father loves everybody and the people who have already passed on can still receive a witness that this is true and some other stuff. It had NOTHING to do with what we were talking about. So of course, I started crying IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR TOUR! Ahhhh. It wasn't a bad cry though. Because of what that man was saying I know that A... is doing amazing things right now and helping people come to know the truth on the other side of the veil. Why she had to go a day before her baptism, I have no idea. I just know that Heavenly Father knows and he has amazing things planned for her and the people who knew her. I am just amazed at how aware Heavenly Father is of all of us. I hardly knew A... but He had this random man make a random comment on tour just for me. It's incredible. The gospel is absolutely incredible and I love it. Sorry that's kind of a depressing story but it does have a happy ending and will continue to have a happy ending. People will come to know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ through this. Not only here but others who A... is helping right now.

Not a lot else is going on. Sites is getting so busy. Lots of tours. I somehow have to learn how to shorten my tours.. I like to talk and my tours are around 2 hours long if not longer and they need to be down to like 130 including the movie. There's no way.. I love it though. I love being here. Twinsburg is awesome and we're making progress in the ward. Our investigators are still progressing slowly. We're still looking for new people to teach. And we're getting a new president at the end of this month! Crazy. I'll be sad to say bye to Pres and Sis Sorensen but I'm excited for the new ones. It will be great.

Hope all is well,
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment