Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Heyyy,

This week has not been very easy.. Oh my gosh. I'm glad it's over :P Did I tell you that I've been working on humility this transfer? Well I am definitely having some humbling experiences. I've had to rely on Heavenly Father a ton. I think that submitting your will to His should be way easier than it is. And for some reason it's the most unimportant things too. For instance, we were planning one night and I thought of a scripture and I knew it was in d&c but I had no idea where. I asked Sister L and she started searching for it too. It was a good 15 minutes before she said we should pray and I was so determined to find this scripture that I just kept looking. After about 5 minutes of looking page by page I decided that was a really good idea so we prayed and I opened my scriptures to d&c 112:10. Not what I was looking for but it was about humbling yourself and God will lead you by the hand and answer your prayers.. Awesome. Hahaha I get it now. And then Sister L found the scripture. Why am I so prideful about the littlest things??

This past week we had our mission tour for president to say bye. It was weird. I've never had to say bye to a mission president before. The new president comes on the 28. I'm pretty excited to see what happens. It was a really good meeting though. We watched a video of Elder Holland speaking in the mtc last Jan and he talks about missions and how they should change you and a bunch of other good stuff :] It was really good. Then we went out to lunch with the Mayfield sisters and some of the elders in the Cleveland Zone and one of them said it was my birthday so I had to wear a sombrero and I got sung to in Spanish and it was so embarrassing. I miss Mexican food so much.

And that night we got to volunteer at Strawberry Festival (same thing as Conejo Valley Days) and we got to make strawberry shortcakes and sundaes for people at one of the booths.

It was so fun. Sister L and I were at a station with the one and only Kirtland elder and we were singing and laughing the whole night. (Music is totally not allowed on a mission but you can't turn it down at a fair!!!! So I definitely got my fill of country music that night ;]) It was amazing. I think I could do service like that every day. And the funny thing is that north eastern Ohio is perfect for growing strawberries but guess where these ones were from... CALIFORNIA!!!!! :D hahahahah

As for investigators. One of them is out of town until next week and the other is leaving town this weekend. We're meeting with him tonight and hopefully setting a date with him. He's been meeting with sisters for a long time so it's time he sets a date. He will be baptized. It's just a matter of when. We're thinking July 21. We're still searching for more people to teach. Our numbers are way low and it's been hard. Keeping numbers sucks. It sometimes makes you feel like you aren't a good missionary. But we're working hard so something awesome will happen soon. Oh, and I'm speaking this weekend on the Book of Mormon :] I think I'm just going to use my notes from my last talk in the Kirtland ward because it's all about the Book of Mormon and missionary work :]

Sites was fun this week. We've been getting tours coming through and it's been so crazy! As soon as we come in from one tour they already have one in the movie waiting for us to go out so we're doing 3-4 tours a day. I love Kirtland!!! I can't wait for you guys to see it. It's seriously the best. So many amazing things happened here and everytime we take a tour it's just reconfirmed to me that this is so true. There's no way it isn't. Joseph Smith really is a prophet and restored Christ's church to the earth.. I'm in the place where it was reestablished. I can see where it all happened and it's amazing. Love, love, love.

I hope all is well :] You guys are the best and I love you.
Sister Mackenzie Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment