Wednesday, March 6, 2013

So you're sayin there's a chance

 
Okay. This week we saw the COOLEST miracle ever..
 
It all started at 12:30 last Wed. We get a call from a very upset member who's bird had just flown out the door into their woods. Now, you have to understand how much I love this bird. I LOVE MAEBY. And I love K and she loves Maeby even more than I do and I was so sad! But we were in Alliance for a meeting and couldn't do anything so we just prayed every opportunity we got that she would be found. We had plans when we got home from Alliance but our dinner had cancelled so we told K we'd be over at 5. In the meantime we followed through with our appts. I didn't want to but I knew I had to because there's a reason we set plans the night before: so we can be where Heavenly Father needs us to be to bless us with the elect. We stopped by a former named, C. He was actually home and invited us right in and we were able to teach him the restoration! It was an amazing lesson and he was so open and willing to accept our message! It was so cool! Then we went tracting and the first door we knocked on was a woman named D who just told us to come in without looking at us. She was a little down so we were able to tell her how much Heavenly Father loves her and knows her. I don't know if it helped her any because she was still very sad when we left but I could feel the spirit so strong in that lesson. I really do know that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father and that He wants us to be happy!
 
Eventually it was 5 and time to go over to K & J's. J came around the side of the house and had this look on his face.. He had been out for a long time in the woods looking for Maeby with no luck. I asked him what that look was for and he said "There's like a 99% chance we will never find her.." I said, "Well, that means there's 1% that we do!" And I marched on back to the woods with Sis J and J following. Keep in mind, this is 5 HOURS after she had initially flown out the door. I didn't make it very far because there's a huge swamp back there! I had no idea. And my shoes are so beaten up and full of holes I would not have made it out dry so J showed us another route that wasn't swampy. It was definitely raining all day though so the ground was still sopping wet and my shoes were filling up with water fast. J went one way and we went the other. It was a little patch of opening with the woods surrounding and I tried to go through the branches and bushes full of thorns but we weren't having luck. We said another prayer to be guided to where Maeby was and after I marched off in the other direction. We tried to look through all of the trees and branches but couldn't see any birds so I just crouched down and started making my way through the woods. (Think Pocahontas ;]) Sister J was the smart one and stayed back. My clothes and hair kept getting caught in the thorns and they were scratching me everywhere but I eventually made it to a little tiny clearning in the woods when Sis J couldn't see me and came in after me. We were standing there trying to find her and we just couldn't see anything!!!! We got a phone call in the middle of nowhere which was comforting.. you know, just in case the crazy woodsy axe murderer decided to come get us we knew we could call for help. Haha. I was about to give up on that area and as I turned around I SAW MAEBY FLYING AT ME!!!!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhh my gosh. I caught her and held her tight to my chest. You cannot even imagine the joy Sis J and I had. We were giddy little girls running through the woods haha. We ran back as fast as we could to K. I ran into her room to find her and H crying on the bed and I showed her the bird and they were both stunned. hahahah they couldn't believe it!! And honestly, I couldn't either. I was so exhausted so we all just sat there together trying to process what had just happened when we realized J was still out there.. We texted him saying we found her and he came back a few minutes later. I guess he had left his phone in the house and when he walked in didn't realize we had her until a few moments had passed. He didn't believe it but we were all pretty shocked. But it was the coolest experience ever.
 
Seriously. Heavenly Father answers ALL prayers!!!! And yes, sometimes it's not how we want or expect but I know that He answers all prayers. He just loves us so much and wants us to be happy!!! Finding Maeby was an incredible learning/ faith strengthening experience for all of us. Even if there's just  a 1%  chance... there's still a chance.
 
I love youuuuu! Keep praying :] Heavenly Father wants to hear from you.
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment