Monday, December 26, 2011

2nd week in Kirtland

Email dated 12/19/11

Send me pictures!!!!! I want to see them. My boots are so dorky and I had to get a down coat from the free closet. There's a lot of stuff left from sister's who are gone. I look really puffy and blah but I am staying warm. The primary party/ugly sweater party sounds fun. Send me a pic of Sam's sweater. I can only imagine :P 

Ugly Sweater Party
My favorite skirt shrunk (for some reason I don't like to look at tags..) So I'm going to send it home and if you can find something like it that would be awesome. I got it at salvation army sooooooo good luck. EVERYBODY calls us the M&M sisters. We even got some peanut m&ms (cause they know they're my favorite) so it's been nice. I'm gaining weight. BUT Elder Southwick (one of the senior couples) used to coach basketball so he comes 3 days a week to the stake center and he does basketball drills with us and stuff. This morning was really hard.. I pushed myself too far and I haven't been feeling well ever since but oh well. I have a goal of staying in shape so we'll see what happens :/ Sister Jones was supposed to call you and set up a time so I don't know what happened there. Hopefully she did. Maybe I wrote your number down wrong. I don't remember anything from before my mission and I can't even remember the things I do the same day.. It's getting bad. Did you send my CDs? Or are they in my Christmas package? And how do I know it's for Christmas?! I'm just opening everything when I get it cause it's so exciting! I'll try to not though. But if it's in there then hopefully everything else is wrapped because I want my CDs.  Oh and you probs wont get a Christmas present from me any time soon. What I was going to put together isn't possible for a few more weeks :/ I wasn't thinking beforehand so sorry about that. I got Christmas cards from Gpa and Uncle Reed so that was really nice :] I have like 1000000 letters to write today. I'm not going to get to all of them but it's okay. There's always next week.

So this past week has been REALLY crazy. I swear NOTHING goes as planned as a missionary. And yet we still have 30 minutes of planning a night/like 3 hours of weekly planning a week. But it's great because writing out plans and backups shows the Lord that you're serious about this and when things don't work out it's just Him saying, "Oh girls.. Let me help you get on the right track here.." Then you follow the spirit and things seem to just work out. This past week because nothing was going to plan we thought our numbers were going to be really low and that we weren't going to reach our goals but when we reported numbers last night we had exceeded some of our goals! We don't know how it happened but the Lord has it under control so I guess it's cool. We had a training meeting this past week and the whole morning it was just business like "make sure you drive safe and make sure you complete all this stuff.." but after lunch they paired us up with a different comp and we went contacting in downtown Cleveland! I was with Sister Tokunaga from Hawaii so being cold was a good conversation starter. We gave away 5 BoMs. We got some numbers to call them and it was really fun. Really intimidating though. Talking to homeless looking people with like no teeth and smoking all the time is not in my comfort zone. But it got easier. Especially with sister Tokunaga. She was good at it. After the first person we talked to she was like "alright, the next person is yours." and I kind of froze and let 3 people walk by :/ It was hard! But good in the end. Last Wed was Sister Mayer's birthday and planning the night before wasn't going well and we didn't really have a lot planned but we decided to just sleep on it and we'd figure it out in the morning. So we had been trying to call one of our investigators, Bro Haden, and he didn't answer his phone which is not normal! So we figured he doesn't leave his apt much so we decided to just stop by. It was the first time he wasn't home! So we decided to go see Paul who we had met the previous week. He lived a few doors down and let us right in and we taught him the Plan of Salvation! About half way through his mom came and listened in so it was really nice and they said we could come back!! (I had told Heavenly Father that morning to get Sister Mayer a nice bday present and HE DID!) So we're seeing them tonight. We also found out that day that one of our less-actives was planning on going to the ward temple day to do baptisms! It was so incredible and we were so excited for him. So she had a really good birthday :]
Another one of our investigators is constantly drunk and thinks it's okay to come to lessons and church drunk soooo we're having a really hard time with that. We don't know what to do and we're afraid he's going to be offended when we talk about the word of wisdom.. We'll see. We're also meeting with this less-active lady, Sister Clarkson. She is amazing. She has word of wisdom problems but she is so strong and somehow just stopping! I love our lessons with her because she has such an amazing testimony and she teaches me more than I teach her! But I just love her. I read to her 1 Cor 10:13 my first lesson with her and she didn't really seem interested in it but this last time she was like "Every time I'm tempted I think about that scripture and it helps me so much!" Ahhhhh It's just so incredible. Yesterday one of our 8 year olds in the ward was baptized and it was so fun! Her mom is less-active and had to talk on baptism so we went over to help her write it/not stress so much. It was one of the best talks I've heard on baptism. Super simple but perfect for what Hannah needed to hear. I had to say the opening prayer because for some reason somebody was told that I like to pray in front of people.. Ugh. I also get asked to play the piano for some meetings and I just don't understand! I don't know hymns but I'm being forced to.. I'm sure you're happy about that. I still haven't seen Perry which is super weird because he's my dl's comp.. I've never even met my dl! That's not normal but things here have just been really crazy and it's been hard to get on a normal schedule. Starting on Jan 1 we are doing this BoM challenge as a mission where we read it in 30 days and mark everytime it talks about Christ and then when the 90 days are up we have to give it to somebody with our testimony in it. So I challenge everybody who reads this to do the same.. I need to go eat before I die.

Love you, Bye.

Oh, PS. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! I suppose I can tell you that Sunday though. You better have my Rock there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment