Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 3 in MTC

This was actually last weeks letter.....Not even out a month and I'm already behind


Hey mom,
 
I guess you aren't on right now?? I'll just keep checking. I have 22 more minutes. Anyways. Since Thanksgiving they have turned on the Christmas lights here and it makes everything a million times better. I love Christmas lights more than anything!! Temple Square is on Saturday so I'm really excited about those lights too. Hopefully we'll be there late enough to see them! Thanksgiving was great. I think I wrote about it in a letter so you can read that. BUT Elders Christoffersen and Nelson in 1 week?! Yeah. It's been really great. Are the sisters in your ward yet?? That's funny we get sisters a week after I leave. But that's awesome. I LOVE the elder's Christmas picture so much. I'm sad I'm missing the fun but I'm having a lot of fun here so I guess it's okay. Yesterday President Brown sat with us at dinner and he is just so sweet. He was so interested to know everything about all of us and I guess he remembered because later that night we had a departing devotional (even though we aren't actually leaving for a week..) and he went through all of the missions that people were leaving to and he didn't say mine!! So he asked if he missed anybody and I raised my hand (we were on the front row :P) and he was like "Oh, yeah! Ohio??" And I was the only one to stand up.. Kind of awkward but it was nice of him. Heather and Jos leave this week so I'm really bummed about that. All of our Elders in our district are leaving too. We had to say bye to 3 of them last night and it was really hard. I didn't like it. But I have to get used to it because that's my life for the next 18 months.. Goodbyes. I have made SO MANY friends here though. I'm hoping to keep in contact with them all. People here are just so great and I love them all.  Perry says that it's getting below 0 in Ohio but people are so nice there that they just give him things to keep him warm! I'm not expecting that but it's just nice to know I'll be surrounded by nice people. I was thinking that maybe you could send me some long sleeve downeast shirts? Like a black and white one? They might come in handy. VC training starts Wed and I'm really excited about that. Thank you for forwarding me Aaron's letter. It was really great to hear from him!! All of the Elders from Tonga want me to tell you hello. They're really fun. I play volleyball with them and I love it. I go through withdrawals when we don't have gym. I see them everywhere though and they always sing Tongan songs for us and they're always laughing. Nobody really knows what they're saying so hopefully it's a good thing when they're laughing.

 
Hope that's enough info. Love you and keep deareldering me.
 
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment