Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 3 1/2 in the MTC

Sent to us December 2nd


Hey guys.
I have pday today cause they changed our schedules. It's so dumb. I don't like it as much as the previous pdays, but I love VC training. We started learning how to chat and yesterday we chatted with real people. The first guy wasn't very nice. But it's still so fun. It's incredible the things we can do with technology these days!! Not that I really know anything other than chat but it's still technology.. It will probably be my favorite part of the VC. We also have this thing called TRC where visitors come in and we pretend to greet them like we're at the VC and Tal was there!!! I had no idea. I actually saw him earlier in one of the buildings and it was so great to see him. He got me this really cool journal that has Hebrew on it and it means ponder and I love it. He also engraved my name on it! He's so awesome and I told him to call you sooooo he better have done that.
So on Wed, we ended up going to Temple Square to play the visitor part. Bet you didn't know that!! It was so cool to be off campus and to think that NOBODY in the real world knew where we were. It was so fun though! We took a tour and got to meet a lot of the sisters. One of the sisters giving the tour was Jessi Cumin's last companion I think! She knew a lot of people from TO. Tell Jessi! We still get to go to Temple Square on Saturday too. From 3-like7. I don't really know when we come back. We're going to pair up with another sister and give tours and everything :] !!!!! Tell Chad (her brother) to come see me please? If he can. If not, tell him I love him and Happy Birthday. And to write me. Tell everybody to write me actually. I need to write Elder M. Thank you for forwarding me his emails. I can't ever remember if it's my turn to write him or not.. And thank you for Clayton and Perry's letters too. One of the Elders in Clayton's district has already written me.. He's in SLC though until he gets his visa. He's sweet.
I'm making SO many new friends from everywhere. I love it. I met a girl from Sweden and I try to talk to her a little bit. Jos taught me how to say "how are you?" and "very good" soooo that's about where it ends. But it's still so fun! I'm def studying abroad there when I get back. I NEED to learn Swedish.. Madeleine should see this. I also talk to the Swedish elders all the time. When I first met them I was like "I CAN COUNT TO TEN!!!" So I did it and they were all impressed because they hadn't learned how to count yet. And I tell them I love them all the time in Swedish without realizing it because that's one of the few phrases I know.. :/ I know more now though so it doesn't have to be awkward. I also met this elder from Albania and he's really sweet. A little silly. But he's going to Italy so I was like "Principessa!" (cause it's my favorite word in the whole world) so now he calls me principessa.. I don't know if that's really allowed but ehhh oh well. I'll probs be writing him so keep sending stamps :/ I see Elder Penfield ALL the time. I sent home a cd with all of my pictures on it and there should be one of us in there. His comp was really awkward about it. But print one out and give it to sister Penfield. She would probably like that.
Elder Penfield and Comp
Sister Andrus and Sister Maynard (roomies at BYU-I)

We're guessing it's her district

Elder Jos Mayo

Elder Allen & Elder Mayo



Sister Maynard and Elder Williams ( the awkward can't give you a hug picture)
Now that we have a new schedule I don't have gym with the Tongans and it no where as good. NOBODY here can actually play volleyball apparently. I hate it. I haven't gotten another package from you so I haven't gotten any journal. It isn't snowing here. Sam Warnick got here Wed and I've only seen him once but it was still great. I'm going to the temple today at 2:15 soooo call Hannah, please? I really want to see her! I leave on TUESDAY for CLEVELAND!! I'm so excited. One of my VC teachers served in Kirtland and it's been so fun talking to her. She said I'll probs need a heavier coat :/ So I'll figure it out when we get there. Maybe I'll be fine. I'll give it a couple weeks. After Christmas sales should be pretty good. I'll try to get back on in a little. I only have 10 minutes left on my email so I'll save it to see if you reply. Miss everybody!!
Love, Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment