Monday, January 23, 2012

asldkjvaksbdnfaksjldf

LISA IS ENGAGED?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I mean, YESSSSS!!!!! But I won't be there :[ :[ :[ :[ :[ Gah! I don't know how I feel about this. BUT I am so excited for them :] They are going to be so happy together and I guess I now have an excuse to go to Alaska! PLEASE take a million pictures and send them to me?? I feel so left out. Okay, Lots to update on... But first, can you please send me some sheet music?? Like Sonata, Velvet Tear, Fresh Aire by Chip Davis and then whatever else? I'm kind of over hymns but I'm learning them. And there's also a book with songs from Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings?? Can you send me Fawkes the Phoenix and the one from LotR? I don't remember what it's called but it's the second one in the book from that movie. And do you know of any cute lessons the elders would do for Raye and Lukey?? We printed out 12 sheep if you remember that lesson.. And did you have journals you were going to send?? I'm going to need one here soon.
 
The Spanish elders are still coming over?? I miss it so much! It's not the same here even though I'm around elders a lot more. It's all work. But still fun. I got an email from H and it was so nice! I'll have to forward it to you. It made me think about when him and Mac would come over and how much I just miss having the elders over. Ummmmm, Dad said you got Ray and Dorthy's letter.
 
They're 90 years old and so funny. They came to the nativities and we found out they were in our area so we got their address and number and they said they'd get us doughnuts! It worked out real nice. Except lessons are only supposed to be 45 minutes. When we reached an hour at their house we tried to leave but then they needed to know why we didn't drink coffee or tea. So that was another 30 mintues. Then we found out Dorthy made us apple pie (I don't like pie..) and cookies and zuchini bread, they had the doughnuts and we ended up staying for another hour :/ They were just so sweet we couldn't leave and we really needed to!! But Ray wanted to send you guys a picture so he did :] They sent one to Sis  Mayer's family too. I actually got to call Sis Mayer's mom to ask her a question and she read me the letter they sent her. I think it's the same so it was really fun to talk to her. If you guys have anybody you want to refer to us I can have Sis Mayer call you guys to get the info :] Just something to think about. She also called Leslie and put it on speaker for a little bit. Did she hear me at all in the background? When I started getting too loud she took it off speaker phone but it was really cool.
 
Chat has been so much fun!! I LOVE IT! And it's helping with my fb withdrawls. We have a chat investigator! Her name is Jenn and she is so sweet. We think she's under 18 because her parents aren't really letting her go to church or anything but her friend is a member and she gave Jenn a BofM and she came online so we're teaching her now :] It's the coolest thing ever! I get to teach people all over the world because of chat and it's so neat. Although we get a lot of people coming on to prank us but it's still amazing. We had someone come on and he said his name was Justin Beiber so obvi I was so stoked even though I knew it wasn't him. But he was a really nice guy and was sincere but unfortunately we couldn't help him :[ He'll figure it out though.
 
As for in person investigators.. Paul is still getting baptized on Feb 18. We asked him a few questions to make sure he was getting baptized for the right reasons and it seems legit so we're going to keep running with it. He's been to church 2 times now and seems to enjoy it so we're excited. We've been going through our formers from like 2008 to see if they were interested now and we stopped by Christian not thinking he'd actually be there becuase it was under his exwife's house but we stopped by anyways and he lives there now! We're going back tonight so we'll see :]
 
We got a new ward directory and Sis Mayer was going through it to find people who were in our area (our ward has 2 sets of missionaries) so she was going through and found somebody who was in our area and not marked and she felt really bad but I thought it was cool cuase now we could go stop by them. Then she found another one.. And another.. So she went through the whole directory and found 12 people who were in our area who hadn't ever been marked!!! And she was so sad because she felt like they were being neglected and she's been here for like 9 months and didn't know about them. But what was really neat was earlier that day was when we were making our 12 lost sheep lesson!!!! So they're our 12 lost sheep! So we're still working a lot with lessactives :]
 
We got 3 new sisters this week. Sis Mahrt from AZ, Sis Goodman from Orem, UT and Sis Christian from the Isle of Mann. They're all really cool and I'm excited they're here. And some really great news.. Sister Mayer and one of the other Sisters in the ward offered to help in seminary with memorizing. So we have to go to seminary every Fri until March to help them memorize.. My 2 favorite things: seminary and memorizing >< It will be great though.
 
My hair is long enough to tie in a knot and stay for like ever now. It's the best :] I want to cut it though. Sooo check that out. The weather has been amazing. Watch Mormon Messages online. They're great. I especially love the 2012 mutual theme song "Arise". It's a great message. GO TO THE TEMPLE! I've been wishing I could go a lot lately :[ So keep going! And CREATE A MORMON.ORG ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!! I look everyday for them and can't find them so I'll check this week. Uhhhh I think that's it. I hope all is well. I miss you guys and love you.
 
Sister Maynard.

1 comment:

  1. I MISS MACKENZIE!!! She is going to be so amazing when she gets home!

    ReplyDelete