Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jan 9.

Heyy.


So this week has been SUPER uneventful. We're trying to find new investigators but they're all hiding! We dropped Tom which I'm really sad about. Both Bishop and President told us to stop meeting with him because he comes to lessons drunk and President told us he can't even come to church anymore. But he still did. He just goes to the Euclid ward instead which meets at 9. I am really upset we had to drop him because he will be baptized someday. There's just not a lot we can do for him right now. He needs a lot of help that we can't give him. We also dropped the man with ms. We met with him last week and he wants to come to church but it's hard for him because of ms. I'm sure it's hard but if he isn't willing to put his trust in the Lord and refuses to progress then there's nothing we can do. So last week when we were leaving we asked if we could take the coffee pot and the beer that was given to him for Christmas (We're so mean..) and at first he was polite and said no but after a while of asking which one we could take he pretty much kicked us out. He was nice about it though. And when we met with him on Sat we dropped him and we mentioned taking the coffee pot on the way out and he said no but he told us we could take the beer. So we did! We now have a 24 pack sitting in our apt and we haven't had time to get rid of it. It was pretty sweet. I've been wanting that to happen and now it has!


We only have 1 investigator now and he committed to baptism but idk. Something seems iffy. We'll see what happens as time goes on. We really hope he's sincere about it though! For now we're just working with less actives and trying to get them to the temple :] I can't wait to come back after I go home to go to the temple with all of them!!!!! It's going to be so amazing!


So we got a new ward mission leader. Bro Bell. He is so cool! I think I told you about his vision of Kirtland growing so big that it has to be split? Well we're going to do that through member referrals. He came up with the idea to have ward council prayerfully select a few people to meet in the school of the prophets and to have them commit (we love our commitments!) to studying out of preach my gospel everyday and to also have kneeling prayer twice a day to know who in their life is ready to hear the gospel. Then we're going to help them know what to say to that person about the gospel. He's doing it every fast Sun and everytime we'll have a new group and the old group is going to share their experiences and testimonies about it. So we had it yesterday and it was so amazing! It was Sister Mayer and I and another companionship and we talked about the room and what it was used for and the spirit was so strong and I just loved it and I'm excited to be apart of this new thing we're starting. It's really going to help us a missionaries to find people to talk to. Finding is the hardest thing ever! So this will be a great year.


So there's a skirt at forever that I really want. I can't get a picture of it to you but maybe if you go online and look and send me pictures I can tell you yes or no? It's like red and yellow and brown zigzagies or something. I'm pretty sure it has pockets. Just check it out, pleaseeee? Or if you find a skirt with pockets that would be cool. They're really useful.  How's your 90 day reading? Make sure to pray about who you can share it with at the end of 90 days!! : / Oh! Bro Hokansen has a blog for our mission. I believe it's
http://kws-ohiocleveland.blogspot.com?? Check that out. Or it's something like that.   (We did check it out and we stole this pic from their blog....)



Today is my 2 month mark! I'm pretty sure I was home like last week though.. Can you also send me my diet menus?? People here are doing a 90 day no sugar diet and those might be cool to have. It's in a salmony color folder somewhere. Everybody is getting plaques for their missions here. Do we do that in our ward?  How is Bishop Dorris doing?? Is he recovering okay? That's kind of scary. I think that's all. 
Well actually I told you about our rodent problem? Well we could hear him one night and we took out the bottom drawer of the stove a few weeks ago so I was looking under there from across the room and he jumped out and I screamed and then Sister Mayer screamed. But he was just a little guy. And then I was looking again and his little face popped out! He was so cute!!!! And it makes me so mad that we have to kill the little guy :[ But it was a funny night.


I need to go. We have lots to do today! Have a good week. Keep looking on the brightside. We were taught about vicarious blessings where as missionaries we recieve a TON of blessings but we aren't able to get them all so they go to you guys back home :] Keep looking for them and keeping me updated. Love you all!


Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment