Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy MLK Day

Sounds like things are well at home.. Dad sent me a picture of Rock and I almost started crying. I just miss snuggling with her!!! I ask people if I can take their pets home and most of them say yes but Sister Mayer says no.. So we still only have the mice hanging out under our stove. :D Tell the Johnson's to call us back!! I found their comment cards in my box with a note saying "Maybe you can connect with them because you're from the same town." Well I can't call the Johnson's but my companion can! And they're never home :[ I'll have her try again tomorrow. That's so exciting Jessi was baptized!!!!!!!! If you guys see her please tell her that I am so happy for her and that she's amazing :] I only met her once but she was really sweet. I've been meaning to write the Mullaly's so hopefully I can do that today. And H too. He emailed me but I can't email him back. I got the skirt, diets, and pictures. Thank you so much :] Everything looked like so much fun over the holidays! And the skirt is super cute. I love it. Ummmmm. It's not that cold actually. There's snow everywhere but I'm not using a coat. Just long sleeves and gloves. I'm not warm but not cold enough to put on a coat. Everybody thinks I'm crazy but it's just too hot with them on and I don't like it! I'm not driving in the snow either. I have to go through a bunch of stuff before I can get driving privileges. Sister Mayer hasn't driven in snow either though so it's been fun. One of the cities in our area is Chesterland and it's super hilly and I LOVE IT! I miss hills and windy roads but it freaks her out because Texas is so flat and then we have to add snow on top of that sooo it's definitely been an adventure. A great one.

Alright, so this week. Our only investigator said he'd be baptized on Feb 18. He came to church yesterday and it was great. We think he's only doing everything because we asked him to though. Not because he feels like he needs to. So we're going to see what's going on next time we meet with him. We're still working with the lessactives and trying to get them reactivated. It's a little harder then I expected. And we're trying to get the members excited about missionary work but none of them are really catching the vision. Bro Bell is so amazing though. Best ward mission leader ever. He has so many great ideas. We just have no idea how to go about doing them. But we just keep moving forward in hopes that something will catch on. We just have to move in faith. There's SO much work to be done in Kirtland. So much. But everybody's hiding from us so we don't know what to do or how to find them. It's like a big game of hide and seek. We'll see. Bro Bell feels very strongly that something is going to happen this week. We don't know what to expect but we're just waiting to see. He gave Sister Mayer a blessing during correlation and it was really cool. A lot of big things are going to happen here soon. This week is transfers! I've been here for 1 transfer! And we're getting 3 new sisters. Sister Mayer and I will stay in Kirtland so I'm stoked. They'll get here Wed.

So, in the past week I've had to deal with 3 spiders.. Elder Southwick makes fun of me because I made him kill one but it's getting worse. Dad- you thought my fear was bad before.. It's getting so much worse. I can't sleep at night and I'm having nightmares about them. :[ And I feel like I'm being a whiney baby about it but it's really become a problem so we're getting some heavy duty bug spray. I can't handle it anymore. Other than those stupid things everything is well. We're just searching for people who are prepared. I've been thinking about Maria a lot lately. What's she been up to? Have her email me if writing is too hard. And Michael Heathcote too. I haven't heard from him in a while. Have you heard anything new about his cute little baby?? I just randomly think of a bunch of people but have no way of getting a hold of them!!!

AND will everybody who reads this please create a
mormon.org account?? I want to see more people that I know on there! I guess you can look at mine if you want. Just search Mackenzie Kirtland Ohio. I need to change my picture because I didn't have a lot to choose from. But now I do. Soooooo will you all do that? Thank you.

Love you all!!!!!!
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment