Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The land of Kirt

Heyo.
Not too much is going on here. Well, missionary work is always going on. But yeah. We had stake conference yesterday and it was amazing. First a guy from our ward spoke. He's leaving for his mission TOMORROW! So crazy. He's going to Germany. Then the stake Relief Society President. Then Sister Sorensen spoke. Then President Sorensen. Oh, they had a missionary choir sing so we got to sing the Ohio Cleveland Mission song (We did it in honor of Pres and Sister Sorensen because it was their last stake conference :[ ) And another song. It was just really good. Then members of the Stake Presidency spoke. One of them spoke about fairy tales and it was so cool! He talked about how we can have a happily ever after because we have the opportunity to return to our Father in Heaven. And how we're all princesses and princes.. Oh my gosh it was amazing. Now will people listen to me when I say I'm a princess?? :D
Yesterday and this morning we had Bro Lusvardy here from Headquarters. I guess he's over a lot. They said he was over everywhere where people can gather? Idk. But he's over the VC. So he spoke to us. He's an amazing speaker and really inspiring. I have a lot to work on.. But today I sang a duet with another sister as the musical number and it was pretty good. People keep saying it was a lot better than it was. I just can't sing by myself and people pretend like I can. But Sister D is amazing. I pretty much just sang a C and B the whole time. We sang Oh My Father to Come Thou Fount. It was a solo piece so I had to write in an alto. I didn't get creative (Cs and Bs throughout!) But it was fun. I love singing and I want to be in choir again!
Oh, our stake president here spoke about grace at stake conference. It was really interesting because he gave the parable of the piano lessons which I had never heard of but he was talking about how we take the lessons and our parents pay for lessons but don't get anything back. They don't get money back or anything. The only thing they get is the joy of seeing the progress. I can't tell it as well as him and there's a lot more to it. But it was  compared to Christ and how He pays for everything so that we can learn and grow in this life and it was a really great parable but I was thinking more about the actually piano part and I'm just sorry I'm so lame and won't play for you. I feel like I've wasted however many years of lessons you've had  me do and don't see any results from it. I'm sorry :/ I do play. I'm still not very good but I'm playing as much as I can.
We're working on getting 2 new investigators. But we for some reason can't get in touch with them! They're referrals from members in our ward and we're really looking forward to meeting with them but all of our appointments keep falling through. It's been kind of a hard week with that. These past few months have actually been really hard. Even though we were seeing success I honestly was just ready to be done. I wanted my 18 months to be over but now I'm glad to be here. I have always loved it but now I'm starting to have the desire to be here and to be doing this work. Missionary work is harder than I ever expected it to be. Thank you for your support. It means a lot to me and keeps me going. Kirtland is amazing. The grounds here are sacred. So much has happened. Joseph Smith and all of those wonderful saints walked these streets. And I'm pretty positive they still walk these streets and help guide the work. I can't wait for everybody to come and experience Kirtland.
I love youuuu!
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment