Monday, April 16, 2012

Week 21

Hey.
 
Things are well here. Not a lot is going on. We're just still trying to find people. We got a couple of referrals so we're trying to get in contact with them. We actually were tracting last week and saw a girl trying to move a couch out her front door and looked like she was having a hard time so we helped her out, gave her a Book of Mormon, exchanged numbers and went on our way. We called her a few days later but it went to voicemail (Pretty typical.. nobody really likes talking to us) but she called us that night after bedtime though and left us a voicemail. Before we could check it the next day she texted us and asked if we wanted to come over for dinner sometime!! Our dinner coordinater is amazing so we don't really have any open days so we decided on lunch. We weren't able to do it last week but we're going on Wed and I'm excited to meet with her :] She's baptist or something and really loves her church but I'm just excited to tell her there's even more than the happiness she's receiving from her church! And I did get F's pin :] I LOVEIT! and it's on my backpack. I thought I wrote her back but I guess not? I can't keep track of anything anymore and I'm so sorry!!!
 
Oh another really cool thing, Sister Shas an aunt and uncle who apparently live in Michigan! So they came and surprised her and we took them on tour :] It was so cool! I love being at sites so much!! Every month we have a fireside at the VC and ours was yesterday. After, one of the sisters and 2 elders were going to practice a musical number for zone development meeting and the elder on the piano asked if I could play it and I tried and it just wasn't going to happen so we got Sis S (A senior sister) to come play for them and I was listening and it sounded really good. They had a singer, piano, and violin so it was cool. But then they realized it was a 4 part song so I just started singing alto with the other sister as soprano. Elder D loved it so much that he decided we're doing it at mission conference instead of zdm.. Sooooo we get to do that in front of half the mission instead of just our zone. I'm pretty stoked. It does sound awesome. I'll see if I can get a video of it when I can get my part down :]
 
Something I'm learning about right now is the keys that were restored in the Kirtland Temple. Moses, Elias, and Elijah appeared there and all restored keys to the kingdom and I'm still confused but I guess the Priesthood--Both Aaronic and Melchezidek were restored in Penn. near the Sesquehanna river-- but Moses restored the keys to missionary work, Elias restored the Abrahamic covenant, errr and Elijah restored the keys to do geneology work?? (Like the hearts of the children to their fathers thing) I'm still learning.. And that's probably wrong soooo. Yeah. Let's not repeat that please? I'm just trying to learn a million things and it's so hard! But I'll get it by the time I have to go home. 
 
Well, Love you!
Sister Maynard.  
 
Ps. SEND ME PICTURES OF THE WEDDING PRONTO!!!!!! L, I am so happy for you :] I can't wait to hear all about it when I get home. Or you could just write me and tell me ;] Either way. Have an amazing wedding. You're the best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment