Friday, May 18, 2012

Hey,
It was so great talking to you yesterday! I'm glad to hear all is well back home. I'm not really sure what to say because I said it all yesterday but things are still going well with A. She's awesome. We're meeting with her tonight and I'm so excited!!!! And we're still trying to meet with S. He's cool too. We just talk about sailing (I promise I talk about the gospel too!!) And I kind of miss it so please don't sell the boat?? If you can help it. Orrrrrrr just get another one before I get home :] Maybe lets try for some kyacks. Those would be fun too. And a lot less expensive then the boat. Yeah, those would be fun. I guess we just need to make more friends in the sailing world so we can use thier boats!
So something I learned even more about this morning in studies is how much Heavenly Father is aware of us. It's crazy. Something was really bothering me this morning and I couldn't focus at all. I was trying to study about the role of the holy ghost in conversion because I'm giving a spiritual thought on that tomorrow in district meeting. But this one thing was keeping me from focusing and it didn't even really apply to me. So I went in the room and prayed to help me focus and I was just thinking about the situation and then I remembered as I was studying I read in the Bible Dictionary under "conversion" that to be completely converted we're given trials and tests and it just made me think that everything was going to be okay! In the end people will have the opportunity to come closer to Christ and that's why we're here. To become like Him and the only way we can do that is to learn and grow from our experiences. One of my favorite scriptures on this is 2 Cor 12:9-10. It's just perfect for when things aren't going so well. Everything works out in the end as long as we're doing what we're supposed to. Trials are just opportunities to come closer to Heavenly Father! It's awesome.
Love you and hope all is well,
Sister Maynard

Mom. Here's a picture of a service project we did with Community of Christ. The lady I'm sitting next to is our Relief Society president. She loves me most.

No comments:

Post a Comment