Thursday, May 24, 2012

TRANSFERS

Hey everybody.
 
This week has been awesome. A is SOOOOO excited for her baptism on June 2 :D I am too. I just love her so much. S is really hard to meet with but we're going to step it up and start teaching him. We had an awesome fireside at the VC yesterday. They had probably 8 recent converts bear their testimonies and we had a few musical numbers. P was the first to speak and it was awesome. Hahaha he loved it. We had 3 investigators there and S brought a friend! She was eating up. Until they mentioned coffee :/ Gah. I wish people would just stop drinking it period. It's so gross.
 
So, I am getting transferred! On Wed. I'm freaking out. Super stressed. But I'm in zone so I'll still be at the Visitor Center. Thank goodness because I love it there. I really thought I would get sent full-pros. We have so many sisters here now. It's crazy! And we're getting 2 more. Elder S is getting transferred too :[ Man!!! We got to spend 6 months together though so that was really nice.
 
This past Saturday was CRAZY!!! We were at sites and every available companionship was already on tour. Then a group of 33 came in and they needed another set to come down because 2 of us were on Chat. We were both in the middle of pretty intense chats and couldn't leave so Sister G was like "Sister Maynard, you ready??" And I was like "Ehh? Yeah?" So we just went on exchanges :/ Not sure if that was really allowed or not but it was so fun! I want to be comps with her sometime. Anyways. We took half of the 33 and it was such a cool tour because as we were walking out and getting to know everybody they asked where I was from and I said California and they said they were from Utah and I asked what part and they said So Jordan so I asked where at and they said wherever and asked if I had family there.. Well, yeah.. I do. And then one was like, "I know Maynards in So Jordan!!" and she mentioned Uncle Dave and I freaked out and blah blah blah. Turns out they all went to school with Dad! I don't remember their names though. But the grandma I think her name was Norma Jean?? She knew grandma and one of the other ladies knew Aunt Sandra and they knew all of them. It was SO COOL! THEN they were at the Kirtland ward the next day! So we took pictures and I'll have to send them home sometime. I. LOVE. SERVING. IN. KIRTLAND. It's the best. I get to meet so many incredible people. Oh and 2 of the Osmond boys were there too. I'm not a Donny Osmond fan really.. I actually don't even know if that's how you spell his name.. but still. Kirtland rocks. And so does Cleveland.
 
I'm not sure if there's too much more to update you on. I just love it here. The church is true. Can't wait to see where my next area is going to be :] Keep reading the Book of Mormon and praying and CREATE MORMON.ORG PROFILES!!!! Dad is the only one who's even close..
 
Love you.
Sister Maynard.

 
Was this was part of the intense chat session she mentioned?


Miracles do happen, Sister Maynard is cooking!



This was what they did after dinner




I LOVE KIRTLAND!



No comments:

Post a Comment