Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Watch out for those stairs

Hey!
 
Transfers are on the 23 so I might not even be here anymore.. I kind of feel I'm going out full proselyting.. :/ It would be fun but I think I'm liking sites too much so I need to learn to like being in my area more. I've been in Kirtland for 4 transfers already!!! Where did the time go?! That would be cool if I was here though for the Stewarts :] I can't give tours if I'm not at sites so I don't know how that would work.. I mean, after the 23rd anything could happen. My pday could change or I could even just be at sites that night. That would be awesome to see them. And there isn't a whole lot of "behind the sences" here. We show pretty much everything that isn't storage. But we'll see!   Sorry :/ 
 
As for Kirtland. This past week has been pretty eventful. It's been raining a lot and I slipped down some stairs and fell on my bum.. That was fun. They disolved the Mayfield ward in our stake so we just got a little area added to our boundaries which is cool! The Euclid elders were teaching this girl, A, and she's in our area now!!!!!!! I love her. She is so cool. I remember the first time I met her I was like, "Man, I wish I could teach her!" And now we are!!!!! We're meeting with her Tuesday :] We got to take another one of our investigators on tour too which was so cool. We were in the school of the prophets and the spirit was so strong so I asked him how he felt and he just said it was really powerful to be in that room. I didn't want to leave. I just wanted him to feel it so much that he couldn't deny it! Well, he wasn't denying it.. But yeah. It was cool. We're hopefully going to be meeting with him this week. His name is S and he wants to be baptized! He's good friends with a family in our ward and he will only meet with us if they're there which is the problem! we can't find a time that works for all of us. So we're just going to take matters into our own hands and find him and teach him. I really want to be here when he's baptized. It's kind of hard because I feel like I'm going to be transfered and we're now finding all of these people who have a sincere desire to learn more! But it's okay. Maybe I'm just here to get it started and then whoever comes next is who they need to seal the deal.
 
Something else about sites, huh?? I don't even know where I'm at in my email tour! I guess something really interesting is when the Smiths first came to Kirtland they needed a place to live.. They lived in the Whitney home for 6 weeks then they moved to the Morely Farm for about 6 1/2 Months. That's where they adopted the Murdock twins and the 4th general conference was held in the little school house there. Joseph gave the prophecy there that even though there were very few priesthood holders there that one day the church would grow to fill north and south america and it would grow to fill the world. You'll have to look that up to learn more. I don't know a lot about the Morleys. After the Morley Farm they moved to the Johnson Farm in Hiram, OH which is about 45 minutes south of Kirtland. That's where the tarring and feathering happened and Joseph Murdock Smith passed away a few days later from exposure to the cold air. Also, the revelation found in D&C 76 was received in the Johnson Home. You should read it. They lived there for a year and then they moved to the second story of the Whitney Store. They lived there for 1 1/2 years and finally their house by the temple was finished and they lived there for about 4 years. A lot happened in the Whitney Store. I don't even know where to begin :/ It's so cool though. I can't wait for you guys to come see it!
 
I hope all is well back home. I miss you and love you.
Sister Maynard.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment