Thursday, September 13, 2012

Inspiration :]







Elder and Sister B right before they left :[ Try adding E B on fb. She looks like that.. She's from UT. Let me know what you find.  




But Sister B is the best and she just left for home yesterday :[ 




At our service project we were washing off the lawn mowers at the metro parks and Elder P accidently splashed my face with muddy water. I had mud, grass, water, and makeup all over my face.. Idk if you can really see in this picture but it was so gross. 





Sis P. and I after the service project. See all the trees behind us? The ground in there is all poison ivy and we had to walk through it to cut down some trees the people didn't want in there anymore. I'm pretty sure I didn't get any but I've been pretty itchy everywhere since then. 




Kay. So like I said last week we have really been trying to pray and receive inspiration as to where we need to be.. So a few weeks ago I was studying and I somehow came across D&C111:2. I think I might have said this already back then but it led me to think that this whole mission thing is like a treasure hunt.. It makes tracting so much fun! But when I read that I thought of this one city in our area called Reminderville. We had never really been there before but all of the streets have nautical names like Pirate Trail or Smuggler's Cove.. TREASURE!!! Kay so we went there to tract and we did Ensign Cove first. No success. Then we had 3 options: Nautical Trail, Beaver Cove, or something else.. :/ Anyways. I wanted to go to the something else street because it had more to do with treasure then Beaver.. but when Sis P was praying earlier to know what to look for she came up with animal so we went with Beaver. We tracted and ended up in this little group home community thing. I think someone called the cops on us or something because a cop came up to us and asked us what we were selling.. Thank goodness we aren't! So he left and we kept knocking. One of the guys we met was a little hesitant about listening to us but for some reason he did. It turns out he's had a lot of medical problems his whole life and was angry at God because of that so he just decided to become atheist. I don't believe he's actually atheist. I think that it just seems easier to him to not believe in God then to be angry at him all the time. So we gave him a Book of Mormon and promised him peace and happiness if he'd read it and pray about it. We met with him a few days after that and we sat next to the beach and looked at the lake and just talked about God and the blessings of following Christ. He wants to believe so bad! I just know it!!!!! But he won't let himself :[ He kept saying that we seemed so sure and wanted to know our secret.. I kept telling him if he'd just read the Book of Mormon he'd find out! It's so sad because he's so close! If he'd just read it I know that he's going to feel it and not be able to deny it. He just refuses to read! So we met with him again a few days ago and he invited his mom. He talks about her a lot and it sounded like she was very religious so we were a little scared to meet her but she was so sweet!!! The whole time we met she told us how shocked she was that we were so young and out here doing this and how much she loved it. She told us this was an answer to her and her husband's prayers. So we told her about how we found him in the first place and how we really felt Heavenly Father had led us to her son. She was so excited. Hahahaha oh my gosh I love her. Seriously though, Heavenly Father had a hand in all of this. He directed us right to him and it was an answer to our prayers and his parents prayers and the timing on both sides worked out just perfect.. This is the work of the Lord and we're going to see so many miracles here. We already are! Just so more to come :] But they're planing on coming to church this Sunday and I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're both going to feel the spirit and want to be baptized on Sept 30. I just know it :D

Kay another really cool story.. This past Sat we were supposed to have dinner with one of the recent converts, A. She's 18 and was just baptized in April and she's so cool. But she never responded to us about dinner so we went to this Mexican restaurant next to our apt complex. So we're sitting there waiting for our food and this guy that worked there kept looking over at us.. Eventually he came over and asked if we were missionaries.. Nobody knows who we are here.. It's surprising if people know more about Mormons then Mitt Romney. So we said yes. He said he noticed our nametags and told us how he used to meet with missionaries when he lived in Georgia and they would play soccer every pday.. I mean, really. What are the chances?! AND we've been looking for a family to teach! So we told him if he wanted to learn more we would love to meet with him and he said that he lived out of our area :[ but he's trying to move back to Twinsburg! It was so random and awesome. Heavenly Father is placing people in our path who need to hear about the gospel. Now, not everybody accepts it but I know that even if it's to help people understand what we believe a little more then it's what needs to happen.


I have just loved all of the amazing things that are happening here. There have been so many tender mercies and Heavenly Father is helping us so much. Thank goodness too because I need all the help I can get. This missionary stuff is not easy.. But I love it :]


Oh! And I don't remember if I told you or not but in the call center we have an outline of the Kirtland Temple and every time we get a referral we get to put up a yellow smiley face and every time the referral accepts something we get to put up a color sticker. So a few months ago I got a referral for this guys chiropractor, D. (yellow sticker!!!!!!) Then I called D. and he didn't answer so I left him a voicemail. I was so scared! I rarely call nonmembers :/ Then sites was crazy and we didn't have time to make calls at all. So finally a few days ago I was able to call him again. HE ANSWERED!!!! I was freaking out and my words were so jumbled and probably didn't actually make sense. But he understood free dvd about Jesus Christ and said yes. Hahah so I asked if reps could bring it to him and again, said yes! (pink sticker!!!!!!) :] Soooooooo D. is getting a free copy of Finding Faith in Christ. Haha It was so cool. I'm slowly getting over my stupid fears of calling people. Miracles!


I hope all is well! I love you all so much. Keep studying from the scriptures and praying and striving to be like Christ. It's the only way to be the happiest.
 


Sister Maynard. 




Weekly Planning.. We were a little comfy ;] 


Middle Part?? :/




Sister N. is amazing as well!!!! I love her. She's perfect.





ps. So we always have sleepovers with the Mayfield sisters Mon nights at the E. but their moving to sites this week so this Mon night was the last time!!! So we decided to REALLY have a sleep over and moved our mattresses into their room and might have had a little party :D It was so much fun. I love these Sisters here so much!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment