Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Kirtland will be built up again..

Sooooo. We got transfer calls on Sunday and guess what.... I'm getting outzoned :/ GAHHH! Now, I could just go to Youngstown Zone and still go to sites a few days a week or I could go full pros.. I don't know how to do that!!!!! I only know how to do the whole vc thing so I'm a little freaking out but know it's all going to work out. It always does..

This was a different week. Crazy as always. But we had like 15 hours total in our area all week. Being at sites is hard enough because that's 2 1/2 days gone that we can't be teaching. Last week it seemed like we were never in our area. But it was awesome because Elder Perkins from the 70 came and spoke to us! He was so cool. And he's speaking in Priesthood session of conference in a few weeks. I'm excited. He taught us so much. And I am very overwhelmed looking over my notes. I don't know where to start :/ But it's good. This whole mission thing is awesome and I love it so much.

Take yesterday for example. We were at sites and our first tour was a man who was baptized 20 years ago and 3 nonmember ladies. The man was just talking about his conversion and bearing his testimony and the ladies loved it! They were amazed! And oh my gosh! I got the best compliment ever! I was in the hired man's room talking about Orson Hyde and his conversion story and I just bore my testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Christ and how following Him is the only way to have true happiness and I learned that from reading the Book of Mormon and one of the ladies said, "I can tell you mean it.. Your eyes sparkle when you talk about him :]" YESSSS!!!! I have sparkly eyes :D I've always wanted those. Haha But it's always hard to tell how nonmembers will react to the word of wisdom and of course, they were shocked when they heard we don't drink coffee but the man told them his experience with the word of wisdom and the spirit was there and it was so cool!!!!! They just ate it up. They're still going to drink coffee though.. Maybe they'll think twice next time?

We've had a lot of nonmembers coming into sites lately.. It's been a really neat experience. People are just drawn to our little village. And last night we got another tour and it was 2 separate families. The one dad I could tell had an accent so when I got the chance I asked where he was from... Please just guess where they were from.... Denmark!!!!!!!!! I was so excited! I asked if they knew Maria and they totally did! I love this. We had such a fun time. I have to move there when I get back. Another cool experience from sites happened a few days ago. We got called down for a tour and they told us it was one lady and she wasn't a member. Honestly, taking nonmembers on tour scares me. I never know how much to share and if they just want the history or if I can add in some spiritual stuff.. It's just a difficult thing for me. So we go down and she's just sitting on the couch. Before we start the movie we do a brief intro to Kirtland and talk about Palmyra. I told her the first vision and she could totally feel the spirit but then as we kept talking I started to second guess myself and thought maybe I wasn't supposed to do that and got all worried that she was going to hate the movie. We started it for her and left because we usually have stuff to do during the movie. So we came back after and asked her what she thought and she totally loved it! She had so many questions about the church and what happened in Kirtland. She does a lot of geneology and said she had an ancestor who was a Rigdon and she was so excited to go check and see if she was related to Sydney Rigdon. It was just so cool!!!!!!!!!! I love the sites and the curiosity it sparks. Heavenly Father is working on something right now and using the sites a lot. It's been prophesied that Kirtland will be built up again and it's happening RIGHT NOW! I don't feel like I'm helping out too much but I'm here doing something and Heavenly Father is going to use that in whatever way he'd like. Kirtland is my home and I'm not leaving.

I don't really know what to say.. We just had an awesome week. I'm sad to be leaving Sister P but I know soooo many miracles are awaiting me wherever I go next. And she's going to do so much for this area with whomever her new companion is.

This is the work of the Lord and I love it so much :]

Love you,
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment