Friday, September 7, 2012

The Unreachable Star

So for some reason we have set our Sept vision as 7 baptisms and 10 baptismal dates by the end of Sept.. Hmm. We're lucky if we have ONE person with a date! But right now we have so many gators and some are actually pretty solid and we're trying our hardest to find a family (Which we'll do today..) We have one person set to be baptized on 22 Sept. Ahhhh I JUST WANT IT TO HAPPEN SO BAD! We're going to make Twinsburg History though here soon. So keep praying for us!!!! Our theme song for the week is called "The Unreachable Star" from Man of la Mancha sung by MoTab. It's so good and it's whats keeping us going. We have seen so many miracles though.

Kay so cool story. And please don't think I'm crazy because this is seriously what happened.. So I have been praying lately to know what to look for when we find our prepared family that we're searching for. D&C 111:2 has been my inspiration. So I really felt like we needed to find a certain family and I felt like they were in this one neighborhood. So I told Sister P and she started praying to know what we should look for. A song from The Secret Garden kept playing in her head so she came up with garden. So we planned a few hours to go tracting in this neighborhood to have a little treasure hunt. Oh my gosh it was so fun. We drove around til we found a house with a garden in the front and as we were walking up the neighbor said, "He's not home.. His truck isn't there." So we went over to S and talked to him for a bit. He was pretty solid in his beliefs but we told him we had been praying and felt like there was a certain family here. He looked at us like we were nuts but went along with it. He told us there was probably a few families in the neighborhood and then he remembered there was a lady across the way in a little courtyard apt thing. He said to go check there. So we went and she even had a few tomato plants out front! So we knocked and waited... nothing. GAHH. So we were walking down the sidewalk and saw at the far end of the thing there was an old man watering his GARDEN. So we went over and told him what a beautiful garden he had ;] haha he was so sweet and went inside and got this other guy that was living there. The other guy, J, was a little rude at first and was like, "What are you doing here...?" We told him and he didn't believe us or something. But we asked if we could share a message with him and he decided to hear us out. He told us about how much he loved Christ and how he needed to change his life around. We promised him our message would improve his life and taught him the first lesson. He asked if we could come back and we set up an appt for the next day. When we got there he said, "I've been thinking about you girls a lot.. In your religion are there a lot of do's and don't's?" We weren't really sure where he was going with this so he told us that he had some things he was doing that he knew were sins. So we taught him about the word of wisdom and committed him to quit whatever. He said he would try but that it would be very hard. So we've been keeping in touch with him about it and helping him quit. We invited them to be baptized but they didn't really give us a straight answer so we're just going to invite them again today :] And then he's going to do whatever it takes to be worthy to be baptized 30Sept. Pretty sure that's how it will go ;] It was just so cool to see how everything played out. If it weren't for the clue then we wouldn't have gone to the apts and if we weren't looking for a garden we wouldn't have met these guys. I still feel like there's a family that we need to find TODAY!!!!! We're running out of time and I don't know how much longer I'll be here!!





Monday we had what's called Zoned Out. 3 of the zones in the mission all met up at the Johnson Farm and we played lots of games and it was so much fun. We first played Jepordy and I won.. Not sure how but I did!!!!!!! :D Then we played this Preach My Gospel game where they gave us a few scriptures that we had to look up and then say what the subtitle is in Preach My Gospel. We won that too :D Then we had a tour of the Johnson Farm which is just so amazing. To see where Joseph was tarred and feathered and then was so loving and forgiving that he got up the next morning to go preach.. And to see where Joseph and Sidney Rigdon received D&C 76.. Ahhhhhh I love it so much! Then after that we played Mafia--Mormon version. So we had gadianton robbers and prophets and angels instead of whatever you have. It was awesome.. I died on the first round -_- Oh well. After that we had a huge relay thing against the other zones and we actually won but for some reason they gave it to a different zone. but we seriously won. And then after that we got a game of volleyball going!!! Oh man, it was awesome. There was another sister there who played volleyball so we were killing the other team. Man, I just love winning so much :D And then I met this elder who went to byui. Obvi we have a connection because everybody there does. So we were trying to figure it out and then he said he was from Santa Rosa, Ca.. I asked if he knew B D  and he said yes!! He said he was even at her wedding reception so we have totally seen each other before. It was so cool. His name is Elder K in case B ever reads this.. :] It was a really fun day though. This is just the best mission ever. Then that night we had a sleepover with Sister L :D We might have stayed up til after midnight talking :/ I'm still feeling it.

The girl I'm calling at sites, M, is meeting with missionaries TODAY!!!! I can't wait until I can call her Friday to see how it went :] Missionary work is the best. If anybody has anybody they'd like us to call please feel free to email/write me or call the VC to give us their info.

Big things are going to happen this month! I can't even wait..
Sister Maynard.

PS. That's awesome Paul's team is undefeated so far AGAIN this season!!!!!! Way to go, Paul :D

And PLEASE send me those Swedish Meatballs!!!!!!!!! I miss them so much. I speak Swedish a lot more then I thought I would out here. For some reason people know Swedish.. haha I just want to be fluent already and OH! Mads is having her baby this month. Please tell her I need updates PRONTO!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment