Monday, October 22, 2012

BIRTHDAY!!!!

IT'S MY BIRTHDAYYYY!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited :] I don't really want to be older but I love birthdays so it's fine.
 
This past week has been awesome. Z and F came to church again and had a great experience! It seemed like everything that was talked about in church was totally applicable to them and they love it so much. They're really excited to be baptized. We taught them the plan of salvation last night at the S's and as we taught about the spirit world, F said that a huge burden had been lifted that she had been carrying for a few years now. She told us how her mom was in a coma and the preacher came and told her that her mom was saved but it didn't sit well with her. She didn't understand how someone who was unconscious could make that decision for themselves. When we told her that after we die and our spirits go to the spirit world and they have an opportunity to learn about Christ there and accept His gospel she felt so much peace and knew that her mom would have that opportunity. And it's so true!!!!! I love feeling the spirit in lessons because it not only confirms to them that these things are true but it confirms it to me as well. My testimony has been strengthened more than I thought possible out here. I am learning so much and meeting some of the most amazing people.
 
The Lord blesses us so much when we try our hardest. We have been praying and praying to find someone who's prepared to accept our message. We had an appointment with these two 17 year old boys, D and R, who we've been trying to meet with for a while now but we keep missing each other. So we go to meet them at the library and one of the guys was there but the other guy was new. I was a little nervous at first because I didn't know why he was there! Turns out he's D's uncle and new to the whole religion thing and just searching for truth.. He was so excited to read the Book of Mormon and we had an awesome lesson with them. D is a little hesitant about religion but we know Heavenly Father is going to bless him so much. I have never promised so many blessings before than to D and R. We ran into them last week at Subway and sat with them and read the intro with them and I just promised them over and over again that this will change their lives and make them so much happier. At first they weren't serious and had no interest but by the end they both took a copy and said they would read it. Missionary work is the best.
 
And so many people are preparing/going on missions right now!!!!!! I can't even believe how much the missionary world is booming. It's crazy! EVERYBODY needs to go on a mission. There are things you learn on a mission that you can't learn anywhere else. It's awesome :]
 
I love this gospel so much. It really does bring so much happiness and I can promise that!!!!! Heavenly Father loves us. I hope you have a great week!!!
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment