Thursday, October 18, 2012

I love Tender Mercies

Johnson Farm was awesome. It was actually really hard. I've never looked at the guide book before and I had only been on 2 tours before so I didn't know a lot of the information. But we ended up taking like 10 tours that day!!!!!! So by the end I was kind of getting the hang of it. It's an amazing place.. So sacred. That's where Joseph was tarred and feathered and also where D&C 76 was received all about the after life. People didn't like that very much so that's why he was tarred and feathered. Hopefully I can get a guide book tomorrow so I don't have to stumble through anymore. 

I'm so excited that younger girls are taking this serious and deciding to go on missions. This is something you can't experience anywhere else and I'm learning so much from being out here. It's something that I wouldn't trade for anything.

We have these 2 gators, right?? Well, they were really excited to come to church yesterday and we found them a ride and everything was going perfect. But of course nothing can be perfect so the ride got lost and couldn't find them. So church has started and we get a call from the guy and he just said he was really looking forward to coming but the ride never showed up but they were sitting there waiting. To add to it, they don't have a phone so when we called the number back it was the neighbor and the guy had already left. I started crying because I'm dramatic like that and a member came up to us and asked us what was going on. We explained the situation and he asked where the gators lived and said he could go pick them up really quick. It felt like eternity sitting there waiting for them but they eventually made it!!! Sacrament was over but they got to hear all of the testimonies and by the end of church they just loved it so much!!! They're looking forward to coming next week and they have a date set for Dec 1 :] YAYYYYY! We're so excited. We have a lot of work to do before then but we know that Heavenly Father will make it happen. It's always in His hands.
 
We also had a really amazing lesson with these members last night. We taught them about the Restoration and the spirit was so strong! We just all bore our testimonies of how much Heavenly Father loves us and by the end we all had tears in our eyes. I don't have a lot of lessons like that but last night's lesson is something I'll never forget.
 
I love missionary work. I love feeling the spirit and helping others feel the spirit as well. There's nothing like having the spirit speak through you to others. It's the most amazing feeling in the world. I know that this gospel is true.. I learn that more and more everyday as I'm out here and it really does bring peace and happiness as promised in the Book of Mormon. I love it so much!!!!!
 
And I love you.
Sister Maynard.

No comments:

Post a Comment